11.03.2019. Derek receives a Student Travel Award to IEEE BIBM conference at San Diego. Congrats!
10.22.2019. Congrats to Jingting for a successful PhD dissertation defense! Title: "Computational Analysis of DNA Methylation and Gene Expression".
10.20.2019. Shang presented a poster presentation at Cell Symposia of Transcriptional Regulation in Evolution, Development, and Disease. Title: "A Bayesian Inference Transcription Factor Activity Model for the Analysis of Single Cell Transcriptomes".
10.20.2019. Jingting, Derek and Shang's paper, "Using Convolutional Neural Network to Study the Regulatory Relationship Between DNA Methylation and Gene Expression", was accepted by the IEEE BIBM19 Workshop for oral presentation. Congrats!
10.1.2019. Derek's paper, "Using Autoencoders for Predicting Latent Microbiome Community Shifts Responding to Dietary Changes", was accepted by the IEEE BIBM19 Workshop for oral presentation. Congrats!
11.12.2018. Jingting passed the Ph.D. Preliminary Exam. Title: Computational Analysis of DNA Methylation and Gene Regulation. Congrats!
05.16.2018. The R package "MetaLonDA" enjoyed more than 2100 downloads since its release in January 2018. Well done, Ahmed!
05.16.2018. Congrats to Ahmed on successful Ph.D. thesis defense (Title: Computational Methods for Longitudinal Microbiome Analysis: Identification, Modeling, and Classification)!
02.13.2018. Ahmed released MetaLonDA R package and the paper "MetaLonDA: a flexible R package for identifying time intervals of differentially abundant features in metagenomic longitudinal studies", publish in
08.30.2017. Congrats to Peter Larsen on successful Ph.D. thesis defense (Title: Modeling Host-Microbiome Interactions)!
06.07.2017. Ahmed's paper "Detection of Differential Abundance Intervals in Longitudinal Metagenomic Data Using Negative Binomial Smoothing Spline ANOVA" was accepted as a regular paper for oral presentation at the ACM BCB 2017 held at Boston. Congrats!
06.01.2017. Derek's paper "Using Convolutional Neural Networks to Explore the Microbiome" was accepted for oral presentation at EMBC2017 held in Korea.
05.25.2017. Ahmed passed the Ph.D. Preliminary Exam with the proposed thesis project "Computational Methods For Longitudinal Microbiome Analysis: Identification, Modeling, and Classification". Congrats!
- 05.18.2017. Ahmed won the 2nd place for poster "Microbiome Dynamics as Predictors of Lung Transplant Rejection" at Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference (GLBIO'17) at Chicago. Congrats!
- 05.17.2017. Dr. Dai organized a special session Host-Microbiome Integrations: data analysis, modeling and applications at GLBIO 2017 at Chicago.
- 05.15.2017. Dr. Dai received a GPU grant from NVIDIA based on Derek's project "Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) for microbiome data analysis".
- 05.15.2017. Ahmed received a CCTS Pre-doctoral Education for Clinical and Translational Scientists (PECTS) Fellowship. Congrats!
- 03.22.2017. Ahmed won the Scientific Excellence Award for 1st place poster at UIC Department of Medicine Scholarly Activities Day. Congrats!
- 11.1.2016. Ahmed was elected as Student Representative of IEEE EMBS (Terms Ends 2018). Congrats!
- 04.22.2016. Ahmed won 1st place in 2016 UIC Student Research Forum. Congrats!